20th July 1991 Day 0

The diary entry "The bouncy castle arrived in the car park. Roy, Marcus, Chris, Bop and I put a few lights around the garden wall, before Chris and I went into town and counted the sports shops. When we ran out of fingers and toes we decided to look for a pub to watch England v Fiji (28-12). Copious amounts of ale later we caught a taxi back to Sneyd Park for `fun` on the downs and frolics on the castle and a game of softball in which Graham `Babe Ruth' Bridges kept changing the rules because his team were crap. `it's my ball and I'm taking it home`. Lots of bouncing 


and a few burgers later we said tearful goodbyes to Andy "Andy Brown" Brown, CJ, G-Bop, ME and LW before being whisked away to Maidenhead in a chauffeur driven Vauxhall Nova by Beth and Oz"


2011 - I assume Roy and Marcus were friends of Bops and I have no recollection of what the party was for. I do remember doing a forward somersault onto the bouncy castle with my fully laden back-pack as we were leaving. Not a good idea for someone recovering from back surgery that was due to fly off round the world the next day. in my defence, I was drunk. I blame it on the afternoon rugby watching with CJ. That's him in the typical pink shirt at the forefront of the castle. 

2 comments:

  1. Marcus was my flatmate, who was later to marry Caroline, the other flatmate, and the main driver behind the 'ok ya'-ness of it all. Roy lived in the flat below and I believe was the supplier of the bouncy castle.
    I kept changing the rules to softball because I didn't know them myself. It was very much the fashion of the time, but I don't think many people knew how to play 'properly'.

    ReplyDelete