29th July 1991 Day 9

The diary entry 
"Stayed in a youth hostel in the suburbs, about 22 minutes from The Loop by the Rapid. It seemed a lot longer to me. Visited Soldier Field


went to the top of the Sears Tower (I'm on top of the world looking down on creation),


had a deep pan pizza in the very place they were invented by Ike Sewell and walked around a city whose architecture was far nicer than that of New York. Oz lost the address book and had to call Beth at home to get some addresses. Gained another hour of my life - this is Central Time."

1991
The Sears Tower is called the Willis Tower and is no longer the tallest building in the world and Soldier Field has been expanded significantly.


In the late 90s I was on a business trip to Michigan and popped over to Chicago for the weekend to catch-up with friends that were living there. One happy hour, 6 long island iced teas, umpteen beers in a pub and then a nightclub resulted in a very messy night. I even went sleepwalking when drunk and destroyed the packing boxes that my friend had filled up ready for moving out of his apartment. I also spent about an hour trying to get my contact lenses out and made my eyes very sore. I'd actually removed them earlier. A terrible hangover the next day was exacerbated by having to get on a 24hr flight back to Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment