15th May 1992 Day 300

The Diary


I'm sticking to my diet and hopefully if the diarrhoea clears up in time we'll still be able to do a 7-day trek to Ghorepani and Poon Hill. This was another day of doing very little due to the need to stay in close proximity to the toilet. The little old man in his hut-cum-shop just along from Lake View Guest House is profiting from my illness as I'm buying litres of water, biscuits and a daily toilet roll from him. At the moment I'm probably his only source of income and he invariably tries to sell me more. If I buy water, he offers biscuits and chocolate as well, if I buy toilet roll he tries to sell me water and biscuits. You've got to admire him for his effort but as my purchases are pure necessities I get a bit few up of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment