30th April 1992 Day 285

The Diary
The last day of April, we returned to Bangkok by train, Boro won their last home game to go 2nd with one game left and I received letters from Dad and Davey C, of all people. 


Bangkok was as noisy as ever but we returned to the peace and calm of the River Guest House. The builders hadn't turned up and it looked exactly the same as before - like a building site. We walked back from the GPO via Wat Saket and I burnt my eyelids. Doxycycline is supposed to make you more sensitive to sun and it was the first time that I'd been out without my hat.


We were entertained in the evening by a backgammon playing taxi driver from Washington DC. Americans certainly can talk - it's good job Oz and I nod well. We also caught a few minutes of England winning the World Cup in 1966. A German lad was watching too but he didn't seem too upset.


2012
Doxycycline - we were taking it to prevent malaria, though it seems to have a lot of other uses including the treatment of Anthrax, Lyme disease and acne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment