28th June 1992 Day 344

The Diary

The plane left at 1:00am and arrived at Bangkok 3 1/2 hours later. During that time I was made to suffer breakfast, had a glass of orange spilt over me and failed to sleep. I had a 3-hour wait in Bangkok during which time I phoned Christy & she told me she'd quit. By this time I was feeling very tired. On the flight to Hong Kong I had two spare seats next to me and kept curling up to grab 40 winks. 


Unfortunately the turbulence was very bad and the stewardesses kept waking me up to put my seat belt on. In fact the worst bit of turbulence was on the first flight when it really did feel as if we were on a rollercoaster. The whole plane was oohing and aahing in unison.


At Hong Kong my luggage turned up. As it had been checked through to HK by Indians I was a bit worried. I caught the A1 bus and then the MTR and easily found the YMCA International. I relieved my bowels for the umpteenth time in the last 24 hours. India wouldn't let me go without leaving it's legacy. Then I crashed out for a few hours. I'd been awake over 26 hours.


I went out, found McDonalds and then wandered around for a while. Once it started pouring down I gave up and caught the MTR back.


2012
HK was still a British colony in those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment