30th June 1992 Day 346

The Diary

I went across to the HK island and caught the peak tram up to the top of Victoria Peak. The view was amazing and very photogenic. I then walked up Mt Austin Rd and looked over the other side of the island. Back down to Des Voeux Rd Central and I picked up my plane ticket and then booked a return trip to Macau on the Far East Jetfoil. As ever, it was all easy and efficient.






I went back to Kowloon and just managed to pick up my passport before the China Travel Service closed. Good job I got there as I need the passport to get to Macau. It was the last day for my credit cards so I used them to phone Christy before consigning them to the bin. After that I went swimming at the Kowloon Park swimming complex, along with several thousand HK Chinese. It was a bit crowded, to say the least, and I only managed 1/2 mile. I'm so out of shape that that was quite enough. I filled up at Pizza Hut & went back.


2012
Out of shape was an understatement. I wasn't really aware how much weight I'd lost over the last few months but you can see from the photos how much weight I'd lost.


Macau was handed to China by the Portuguese in Dec 1999, quite a few years after this. In the late 90s when I was working in Asia I would have to go to Macau as a staging point to get between Taiwan and China as direct flights were not allowed. Nowadays I think it's just the Chinese version of Las Vegas.








No comments:

Post a Comment