1st April1992 Day 256

The Diary
For the first time in years this day passed without me playing, been played on or being aware of an April fool's joke. Oh well, I still remember Lofty's memo last year.


The day raced by as we guzzled gallons of mineral water, walked round temples containing reclining buddhas and globes, visited Chinese clan houses, ignored Captain Klingon's mosque, trudged around a crap museum, scoffed our victuals in McDonalds, did an impromptu lap of Fort Cornwallis, developed some film, bought a lock and, finally, had a curry in Penang's answer to Indian Joe's transport caff.


2012
I remember Lofty's memo from my PW days in the London Docklands but I don't remember the contents. Maybe he does.


Australia's pretty berfet of April Tomfoolery compared to the UK. April 1st is usually a damp squib.

No comments:

Post a Comment