2nd April1992 Day 257

The Diary
Oz went off to find out about trains and I went to post my rugby shirts and trainers home. PO boxes came in 2 sizes, too big and too small. It doubled the cost to send two small boxes so the man behind the counter suggested I send the shirts in a big envelope available from another counter. The other counter said they only had small envelopes but suggested I try a shop around the corner. I found a shop that packaged it all up and went back to the post office and queued up again. It was weighed and I was told to go to counter 19 to get the correct number of stamps. Counter 19 said go to counter 21. Eventually having affixed the stamps I had to work out 2 customs forms that were in French and Malaysian. I could have been in India already. 


















That done, Oz and I went for food and then caught the bus to Tek Lok Si (or something like that) to see the temple. The temple turned out to be a bit disneyfied and artificial but there was an amazing turtle pool filled with thousands of tortoises, turtles and terrapins that were so crowded they had to walk and climb over each other. 





We waited for the bus to Penang Hill but it took so long to come we caught the bus back to town instead.


2012
I'm sure I was getting rid of the rugby shirts because they weren't going to be much use in the hot and humid conditions of the next few months. It was a bit of an effort getting rid of them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment