15th August 1991 Day 26

Diary
United Airlines to Hawaii. Not a patch on Virgin and I had the fattest person on the whole plane behind me. She couldn't get the meal tray down when my seat was reclined. Managed to sleep most of the flight so the time flew by (the worst pun yet - Ed.). Mini-bus to the Interclub Hostel and fortunately they had beds available. Straight on to Waikiki Beach. Paradise. Then we discovered we were one hour ahead of everyone else. They put their clocks back one hour in the summer. How many hours to Tokyo now? Time zones can be confusing



Stumbled across the Hawaiian Youth Pineapple Soccer Cup in the park. I wanted to enter a team but Oz hadn't brought his boots, we were too old, the wrong nationality and there were only two of us. Still, almost. We also ate in McDonalds for the first time today and had a Pizzeria Uno (see Chicago)


2011
I still think United Airlines are crap and maybe I should be more sympathetic towards large people on planes


Time zones - no website to look them up back in 1991. 

No comments:

Post a Comment