20th August 1991 Day 31

Diary
Up early, left Oz a couple of dollars more - he had about $30 for 3 days, including board. But  didn't care as I was off to Tokyo. The plane was about half-full and I had a window seat on the back row. Unfortunately there aren't many sights in the Pacific. All of a sudden we crossed the dateline and.......it was tomorrow.


2011
$30 - Oz was notorious for being a little close to his wallet. $30 was probably about twice as much as he needed. Mainfish.


We split up for a couple of weeks. I went to Tokyo to meet up with Bop to watch the IAAF World Athletic Championships and Oz spent a few more days in Hawaii and then headed to NZ. The plan was to meet up later in Newcastle, NSW.  I've mentioned a few times that my first ever trip abroad was to Rome in 1987. This was the first stop in a month long European inter-rail trip with Oz and Bop. We spent about 4 days at the Roma 87 World Championships and at the end the big screen said "Sayonara. See you in Tokyo 1991". Bop and I looked at each other and said "OK then". Obviously, going through Oz's head was the thought "Tokyo, that's an expensive place, I'm not going there". 


A short diary entry as it was a short day.

No comments:

Post a Comment