16th August 1991 Day 27

Diary
on the 27th day they rested. Very reminiscent of Corfu. Go to the beach, lie down in the sun, get up only to splash about in the sea or to have a quick survey of the latest bikinis. Oz finally started catching a few rays and went from off-white to red. In the evening we ate at another "as much as you can eat for $x" joint. Not as good as Grand Junction though. Night life in the Waikiki area of Honolulu is not exactly inspiring. Aimed a bit too much at the tourist family. Lots of trinkets, bric-a-brac and bijoux gifts. Choc a bloc in fact.


2011
Corfu - 2 weeks on the beach straight after final exams at Uni. Me, Andy Brown, Chris and Bop (I think, my memory is going - I'll look it up in the photo albums and post some pics).


Sun bathing (actually, sun itself) was still a novelty to a couple of lily whites from England - obviously. Nowadays I go out of my way to avoid sitting on a beach. 


We can't have done too much judging by the short diary entry. I did remember saying to Oz, that if I ever came back to Hawaii it would be with a girl - no offence to my travelling companion - and a few years later I was back there with Christy. How romantic.


USC's Song Girls, the team's cheerleaders, lounge on Waikiki Beach before the Trojans play Hawaii. Sadly, we didn't meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment