11th February 1992 Day 206

The Diary
Another letter at poste restante - this time from Dileep. He's transferred to Newcastle, Steve's not seeing Cathy, Rich Goddard and Isobel were made redundant. Heavens to Betsy.


All my documents were present and correct at STA. I ordered some new frames for my lenses, looked at mozzie nets and coils, marvelled at the ineptitude of the Commonwealth Bank and sent Christy the crappest Valentine's card I could find. Also had some more injections including one in the bum. Ouch.



We all went to see JFK at the pictures, a marvellously complicated film that leaves you with a headache from the loud file score and from concentrating too hard. I think Donald Sutherland did it, so that he could marry Marilyn Monroe (who was already dead) and defect to the USSR to end the Cold War and beat Gorbachev to dismantling communism. Or it could have been......


Went for something to eat in town but it was shut. And it was raining. Phoned Christy, reverse charges and discovered my refund had turned up. Yee hah.


2012
Dileep - erstwhile flatmate from my time in Leeds with PW. He now lives in Melbourne and hasn't changed a bit. Steve (Allen) - our other flatmate - probably hasn't changed a bit. Other than he now seems to support Arsenal when he was always a Crystal Palace fan to my recollection. I remember watching the Man Utd v Crystal Palace FA Cup final at his parent's house. I think he down about 20 cans of Guinness during the game. 
Rich and Isobel - other friends from PW days. I think Rich lives in the USA and Isobel lives in Rome.


Mozzie nets, injections etc. - we were getting ready for our imminent departure to Asia.


Refund - I assume my tax refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment