30th January 1992 Day 194

The Diary
Went into town early to find out how much it would cost to fly back to Sydney - $189 - I had to think long and  hard before deciding to see what happens over the next few days. Christy recommended Magnetic Island but from what I've read it looks pretty much the same as most of the small coastal resorts we've been to with perhaps a few more walks.


A short ferry ride and then a courtesy car to Centaur House at Geoffrey Bay. There seems to be a good atmosphere of pop trivia (!) at this hostel and there are some Qs and Rolling Stones' lyrics lying about. Oz suggested going to lie on the nearest beach just as I knew he would but I'd already decided I was off to do some of the walks.


I walked for a good 5 hours, in the heat of the afternoon, at a fairly brisk pace, over some very hilly ground. I managed to get through about 3 litres of water and and 0.5 litre of orange juice. I didn't see any koalas but discovered some gorgeous little bays and it was good exercise.


I returned to the hostel, went for a chicken curry and then when Oz and Beth returned we played Australian trivial pursuit aided by free pancakes and ice-cream.


2012
Chicken curry, pancakes and ice-cream - highly nutritious recover food obviously.


The cost of one-way flights to Sydney nowadays ? Looks like anything from $99 to $449 - choose wisely children.

No comments:

Post a Comment