1st February 1992 Day 196

The Diary
I normally associate Feb with the coldest month of the year but somehow I think it's going to be different this year. Oz and Beth noticed that I'd been depressed but what could  they do? We hung around the hostel for a while then Ken our sound-engineer-strong-opinion-on-everything-especially-music host took us to the ferry.


Back to the Townsville Backpackers'. The town itself was shut. The highlight of the day was watching England hammer Ireland 38-9


2012
Looks like Feb is living up to it's reputation in UK and Europe though it's not that great here either (relatively speaking).



I remember Ken debating (arguing) with me and Oz that Australia had made a much greater contribution to pop and rock than the UK. After living here for 16 years I've concluded that you were smoking something really, really strong Ken. I'm sick of hearing the same handful of Aussie rock songs over and over again. Australia would be better compared with, say, Surrey.


No comments:

Post a Comment