2nd February 1992 Day 197

The Diary
Went to the Townsville Natural History Museum and paid $2.50 for the most disappointing museum ever. About the size of Brunner School gym, most of the exhibits were models or fakes and hardly any of the themes survived  more than one or two display cases. Oz and Beth went off to the aquarium after that but I decided to save my money and watch France beat Wales. This, they duly did but only 12-9. They must both be quaking in their boots after watching England. Famous last words??
Townsville
Checking in for the overnight bus to Mt Isa, a voice cried out something about a "daft hat". It was Hels and Kate just getting off the bus we were due to get on. We had a quick hour in the transit centre cafe, swapped a few tales and arranged to meet them in Mt Isa the following day.


The bus journey was memorable for the nutter who couldn't remember which seat he'd been sat in and accused everyone of pinching his inflatable travel pillow. As is usual with nutters he made horrible snorting noises in his sleep.


2012
I don't really remember the museum - which may prove my diary entry - but the current museum looks a bit better than my description.


If the reverse is true (nutter = snorer, snorer = nutter) then I must be a bit of a nutter according to Christy.


Oz spent most of the year complaining about my snoring but I'm sure it was a myth - he never proved anything.


Daft hat - the aussie bush hat I bought in a market in Cairns. It stayed on my head most of the next 6 months.


Townsville to Mt Isa - 904km
Total distance since Sydney - 4,165km 

No comments:

Post a Comment