2nd March 1992 Day 226

The Diary
Not a lot more happened than on the previous day. Oz and Beth got up ridiculously early to go and see the dolphins but I stayed in bed. I was finally stirred out of my pit by a procession along the beach. They were going to a celebration at the local village temple. I changed some money at the best rate so far. 2002rp to the USD, ignoring the money changer that was screaming across the road at me. Far too pushy.


In the late afternoon the rains came, a big lizard crapped in my flip-flop and Beth murdered a big wasp-like insect with the Rid. We went for a meal at a restaurant with English language papers and board games. We played Australian Triv again. We were all better at it thanks to Manning Clark but my overall performance was pitiful with the honourable exception of The Stawell Gift.


Oz broke his flip-flop and had to hop home after we were thrown out before the end of the second game. The rest of the staff had gone home though. Then I was kept awake by the drunken, boring, Aussie hippies in the room next door.


2012

No comments:

Post a Comment