12th September 1991 Day 54

The Diary


I've worked in the big building in the forefront the building at it's foot opposite.
Up early to go to Sydney. Train was late so got to the PW office late. Met Sylvia Hobbs and signed my contract and then went to do a bit of sight-seeing. Down to The Rocks to see the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House and then wandered through town to Centrepoint and the Sydney Tower. It was while I was up here that I realised that I'd left my bumbag on the wall at Macquarie Place. Unfortunately inside the bumbag was my passport, driving licence, cheque book, diary and new bank details. Oh dear. I dashed back down and so hardly looked at the view and headed to where I'd left the bag. It had gone.



View Larger Map


I went to the police at Argyle Street and gave a statement. I went back to PW to get Gour's phone number but he was there in the office. We arranged to meet at 7:15pm and I set off sight seeing again. Went to Kings Cross, a well-known sleazy part of town. So sleazy, in fact, that all the English and the backpackers head there. Lots of sex shops, sex shows and police about. Met Gour and went to his house to stay the night and met his pregnant (only just) girlfriend Marianne.

2011
Police statement: "I'm an idiot and left all my important possessions on a wall in central Sydney."


Note - no mobile phones so I had to go back to the office to get Gour's number and hope I could call him on a landline. Or fax. Or carrier pigeon or something.


Both of my kids have performed at the Concert Hall in the Opera House - Mia as part of the Australian Girls Choir and Jaden as lead trombone in the Roseville Public School Stage Band (Jaden at 1:03). Who'd have thunk it?


Gour and Mazza have 3 kids (I think) - Carmina, Serena and Ivan. The kids have about 1500 facebook friends between them so you must be connected to one of them. Back then one of them (Carmina ? I forget who's the oldest) was a little foetus thing in Mazza's stomach and the others were future projects. Time flies. One little anecdote I remember was Mazza telling a story of how she told a family member (her mum?) that she was pregnant. "How did that happen?" said her mum. "Well, Gour fucked me" replied Marianne. He he.

No comments:

Post a Comment