13th September 1991 Day 55



The Diary
Went to immigration to get papers to say I was entitled to stay and then went to the British Consulate to get a new passport  and voila....they had my bum bag. Yippee as Beth would say. Everything was alright. I hadn't lost my visa stamps. 
Returned to Newcastle for the weekend. They'd heard about the passport drama and had been trying to get hold of David Hall, a friend of theirs at PW, so that he could get in touch with me, because the consulate had found the phone number for Stevenson Place and contacted them. Phew!


Saw Einstein's Wireless again with Nige and Tony at the Great Northern Hotel, Newcastle.


2011
It was obviously a bit of relief to get everything back but I seemed most concerned that I'd lost 3 inter-rail trips worth of visa stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment