6th September 1991 Day 48

The Diary
Got up early, dashed round the shops and bought a suit, shirt, ties, socks and shoes and caught a train to Sydney. Went to PW and met Gour, Stu Holdsworth and office partner. They were all very enthusiastic and they talked about how to extend my visa. I think they want me to work full-time but that's not really what I'd planned to do. I've only been in Oz 3 days so it's a bit early to think about emigrating here!


Neil Stewart, the partner, said he'd give me a ring on Monday with more details. I had a couple of tinnies of VB and dashed for the train back to Newcastle.


By the time I got back everyone except Dave Creevy had gone out. He gave me directions and I hopped on a bus to the Uni. Found the Union building and then found the others inside. Didn't have to wait long for Einstein's Wireless' turn on the Battle of the Bands. Despite being really good they didn't win. This put a slight dampener on things for a while as Tony Tony's girlfriend Kelly was the bass player. Then we all went back to Kelly's place and made our own entertainment with a 5-string guitar, a few kid's puzzles and some songbooks.



2011
PW - Price Waterhouse. I'd worked for them for 3 years in Leeds and London since leaving Uni in 1988. I met Gour and Stu Holdsworth in PW London. I would work for them again on my return to the UK in 1992 before transferring to PW USA and working for them for a couple of years over there. When I returned to Australia in 1995 I joined PW again but finally baled out for good in March 1996.


Dave Creevy - one of Anne's sons I seem to recall. The less favoured son.


For a very bad photo of Einstein's Wireless see here. I found a list of the band members and Kelly was the bass player. What are they all doing now ?

Lauren Freidman (v)
Tracey Johnston (v)
Campbell Fry (v, g)
James Gallaway (k)
Jake Sietsma (guest sax)
Bruce Clark (perc, flute)
Kelly Honeybrook (b)
Shawn Sherlock (d)


Note that I'd now been to and through Sydney twice in 4 days and hadn't done any sightseeing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment