16th January 1992 Day 180

The Diary
Went in to see about my Eurail Pass. It's no good to me as I'm a European resident. Now I've got to work out some other way of getting back home. I can't get an inter-rail pass without returining to the UK either. Christy said on the phone and in a letter that she wants to come across to Europe and perhaps travel with me at the end of the year. We'll have to see what happens.
Story Bridge, Brisbane


We all met up at 12:30 and spent several hours in the science museum reliving school science experiments. We proved that we aren't tone deaf, turned ourselves into gyroscopes, raced bubbles, played twinkle, twinkle little star on a thong-o-phone, played in the weird room and left semi-permanent shadows. Wow!


Then we went to catch the bus to take us to the look-out in the hills. We then discovered there is only one bus per day and we'd missed it. Next time. Evening meal in a strange 'mediterranean' restaurant.


The view we didn't get
2012
Eurail passes could only be used by non-European passport holders, inter-rail tickets could only be purchased in your home country. My plans to carry on travelling via train once I got off the trans-mongolian express in helsinki were looking a little shaky, but I did have plenty of time up my sleeve, though I imagined that sorting it all out in Australia would be easier than doing it in Mongolia or Nepal.


The lookout in the hills - the hill is Mt Coot-tha. Home of Channel 9 Brisbane (QTQ) and the other commercial free-to-air stations in Australia. I'd go back there several times with work.

No comments:

Post a Comment