28th January 1992 Day 192

The Diary
We all picked up photos from the chemist. A very exciting day as we dashed back to number and comment them. I posted a few cards and the Stone Alone book to Christy but not a lot else happened. Another $3.50 meal at Magnums and then I phoned Christy. I pissed off a lad who was waiting for the phone because I was on so long. There are no rules about how long you can use the phone. It's a good job it was a reverse charge call or I think I'd have been slitting my wrists.



2012
Back in 1992 Telstra was known as Telecom Australia and Optus was just getting off the ground.


I think I've previously mentioned the effort we had to go through with photos. Get them developed, write on the back of them so you could remember what they were, separate the negs from the prints, mail the prints to the parents in the UK, check poste restante several months later to confirm that the prints had been received and then mail the negs back. This is not to mention the several rolls of film that you had to have spare in 100, 200 and 400 ASA, the bulky camera that you had to carry around and the fact that you wouldn't shoot hundred of shots at random as every shot cost money and had to be developed. 


And lest we forget......

No comments:

Post a Comment