26th January 1992 Day 190

The Diary
Up early again to catch the scenic railway to Kuranda. The journey was not as scenic as it could have been since the waterfalls traversed en route were nothing more than trickles. Once at Kuranda we checked into the very tropical Mrs Miller's Backpacker's Hostel. I was in a very basic dormitory that was infested with flies and, apparently, mozzies.
 


We went to the Kuranda Markets, avoided the Japanese tourists, watched the Bungee and then wandered back.  Oz and Beth went to laze by the pool and I went for a walk past the river, along the bank and back around. Later on, I went for a run. Kuranda is pretty small, it wouldn't take long to run a lap.


I'm beginning to get bored. I'm definitely a city person. Kuranda is very beautiful and tropical but without the markets it's a boring, expensive, tourist village. I need to be doing something and I'm already over lying on beaches and beside pools.


2012
No mention in the diary that it was Australia Day. Did we know? Did we care?


There are other ways to get to Kuranda now - including the Skyrail.

No comments:

Post a Comment