8th January 1992 Day 172

The Diary
Still stuck in Coffs Harbour. The weather took a turn for the worse. Even English beach bums like ourselves couldn't lay on the beach. Reminds me of Whitby or Scarborough but infinitely less exciting. "What's that you say Skippy?", "Ah, yes. Seaton Carew".




2012
I obviously wasn't enjoying Coffs much. And I've never been back.


Seaton Carew - my local seaside "resort" when I was growing up. It's difficult to describe how grim it is. It gets a mention in "The Kingdom by the Sea" by Paul Theroux. Not a complimentary mention. I did get into Paul Theroux on this trip - The Great Railway Bazaar should be read by everyone travelling through Asia by train.


As far as I know Seaton Carew's only claim to fame is the "Canoe man"


Is it raining in Seaton Carew?

No comments:

Post a Comment