21st May 1992 Day 306

The Diary
10 months to the day that we flew to the USA and I wish our next country was USA and not India. My bottom certainly does. There's probably more chance of getting to see some of the European Nations Championship in India though. Frank from Chitwan reckoned it was going to be England v Germany in the final.



I got up late, skipped breakfast and made it to 'the strip', as the Yanks would say, in time for dinner. A plateful of chips which is about as daring as I'm going to be at the moment. I booked a bus to Kathmandu and found that the lad in charge of the ATS will be on it too.


Progress. Went to the toilet about 3pm, first time today and the brown liquid has been replaced by lots of mini-stools. Oz should be somewhere near Ghorepani at the moment, enjoying the views.


Visited the owners of the Lake View to pay up and chatted to them and the 'babu'. Failed to get the babu to show any interest in rugby played with 3 coins.


2012
Dinner = lunch


There's some irony in my comments about USA and India. A few years later I was on a business trip to Michigan and had such bad food poisoning from United Airlines food that I spent two weeks in my apartment room and never made it in to the office. A friend who was on the same flight spent about 2 weeks in hospital after eating the same food as me.


I'd decided I'd had enough of hanging out in Pokhara and was going to leave Oz a note telling him where to meet me in Kathmandu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment