25th May 1992 Day 310

The Diary
Oz's first lie in for 6 days but as usual we were woken by the howling dogs. When we got outside it was drizzling and it continued in the same vein all day. We tried IA again, still 9 and 10 for Wednesday so we bought a ticket for Thursday. We got talking to an ex-Gurkha in a restaurant who'd been at Aldershot from 76-80. We guessed he'd been in England in the 70s because he kept talking about discos and birds. He looked a bit past it now though. We also visited the British Council Library and dived into 2 week old copies of The Independent, Telegraph and Times. It made me a little homesick , but it's not long to go now and I'm feeling better as the tablets are doing their stuff.
Wonder if this was why I got sick?

Something for the weekend sir?



I phoned Christy and discovered Sarah and Dave had been refused their visa extension, Dave's quit Oracle, Sarah's stopped seeing John Curry and it looks like Christy will move home after her sister's wedding. Never a dull moment. Christy's life seems to have disappeared from around her though, although I suppose Dave and Sarah's has too. A few weeks ago it was marriage and a life in Oz and now it's neither. Christy talked about getting a 2 year working visa for the UK as she's been granted citizenship bar the ceremony and she thinks it will be very difficult to get UK residency. I think her plans change every time I phone her. It's not worth worrying about it as there's nothing I can do about it at the moment. I joked about the disgusting letter I'd received the previous day and mentioned I'd received one from AB as well even though he did address it to Poste Restaurante!


Back at the guest house I added a page on to the end of Oz's letter to Cat and Amber and then it was time to brave the rain and eat. We finally got in KC's but what was the fuss about? Overpriced and we've had better food elsewhere. Still, the main thing is I've only been to the toilet once today and I'm already feeling much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment