6th June 1992 Day 322

The Diary

Christy's sister's wedding day. I hope Christy's feeling better than I am. My stomach is still bubbling away but I decided to go with Oz to the abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri. We caught a local bus there as did a couple of English hippies. We were shown round the Jami Masjid mosque by a young lad that we gave a tip to and then we paid 2rp to enter the ruins. It was less of an abandoned town and more like looking round one of the forts we'd already seen. There was less of it than we expected and overall I was disappointed. The buildings were impressive but I was expecting something different - a town with Marie Celeste style streets not just a palace and a few big buildings. 




We caught the bus back and I upset some Indians by adopting their methods in claiming a seat. Oz had a different experience as someone gave up their seat for him. We walked to the Kwality restaurant, upsetting the rickshaw-wallahs and in the evening when we went back there a rickshaw-wallah gave us a free ride for the last 200m so he could claim a free cup of tea. We knew there had to be a perk somewhere as prices had gone as low as 5rps each (1 pence). My bottom was feeling much better by this time so I had a sweet & sour and then we upset a waiter who kept telling us "service not included" by not giving him a tip because his service was abysmal.


2012
Kim and Richard have just celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary and have three talented sons.


Kimbo and Dicky

1 comment:

  1. I remember eating at the same Kwality restaurant when I was there in 1994! Fond memories Wheeler Jnr

    ReplyDelete