24th May 1992 Day 309

The Diary
I took a particularly obnoxious stool in a 35mm plastic film case to the clinic to be examined. The verdict? Gastroentiritis and the previous pills were completely useless. The stool was described as very pussy! I was to take some new tablets once per day and to eat whatever I wanted. I wandered back to Thamel after trying the British Council Library which was closed. I headed for the San Francisco Pizza House and indulged myself and then went back to wait for Oz.


He soon arrived and greeted me with the words "are you better then?" mistakenly believing that I was. "No" I could only reply and proceeded to explain what had happened. The people at the ATS and Hotel Lake View had told him I was better and that that was why I'd gone back to Kathmandu. Wrong.


I asked him about the trek and he said he'd had a good time, been caught in the rain a few times and the view from Poon Hill was spoilt by the weather. He'd met quite a few people en route and also been to his guide's house.


I told him about the flights and we went to Indian Airlines but we were still 9 and 10 on the standby list. Try again tomorrow. Rum Doodle for our evening meal and this time the service was a vast improvement.


2012
The view from Poon Hill





Poon Hill Sunrise, Annapurna in Nepal

No comments:

Post a Comment