27th June 1992 Day 343

The Diary

How to waste a day in Delhi. I spent a lot of time looking round the bookshops and then chatted to an Aussie in Wimpy's. GB beat Australia RL 33-10. Good of him to tell me. Then I walked to Parliament House & back. Went to the hotel for my last meal and caught a rickshaw back to Wimpy to catch the airport bus.


At the airport I chatted to an Austrian who was taking his mountain bike to Jakarta. His English was not very good but he thought my accent was easy to understand and I even had to translate at the check-in when they wanted to let his tyres down. I then talked to James & Polly and we swapped travel stories - she had gastro-enteritis in Nepal and the Delhi-Kathmandu bus took 72 hours. I gave them tips on Bangkok and they gave me a copy of Viz. Fair swap. We watched the last 5 minutes of the European Nations Final & then it was time to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment