23rd May 1992 Day 308

The Diary
25rp breakfast in the Everest Steak House, failed to book a flight to Patna (stopped 3 years ago) or Varanassi (computer down) but left a note with my requirements. Temporarily halted by a sudden urge to use the toilets in the Hotel Sherpa I then headed to the telecom centre to make a phone call home. Everyone OK, mam has quit job, small room is to be done out (planned), England had beaten Pakistan again (too late now), Leicester v Blackburn play-off final, parcel had arrived from Singapore, Sean had just rolled into bed after a night round Louise's (oh yeah!), Frank Cook is still our MP and the Holgate End will be 8quid next season (it was 4.50 last time I went) and Andy was getting ready for exams.


Went back to Indian Airlines, wait listed on 27th, confirmed on 28th. I went to the Nepal International Clinic to tell them I need help. As it was Saturday, everyone bar a nurse had the day off. She made me an appointment for the 24th and gave me a plastic photographic film container for a stool sample. It'll never fit!


Graham Gooch?



Went to get some food. Appalling service at the Run Doodle so I left and at the Third Eye they were making the prices up. Took 'The Big Red Train Ride' back and bought Deutsch Leicht Gemacht. In the evening Silence of the Lambs was spoilt by a crowded restaurant. 


Nachste woche werde ich nach Indien abreisen, Mir stehen nur funf Wochen zur Verfugung. Guten Abend Kinder.


2012
I remember this phone call. It was the only time during the trip that I was close to calling it a day and going home. The International Clinic was my last local hope.


Deutsch Leicht Gemacht - German Made Easy (I think!)


Frank cook - our ex-next door neighbour.


Sean and Louise - still married, so it must have been a good night.


The Holgate End ceased to exist in 1995 when Boro moved to the Riverside. First game at the new stadium was the day Sean and Louise got married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment